Himel Bros x Freenote Cloth Avro Jacket Black Horsehide
- Made in Japan replica 1940s zippers, featuring decorative leather welts. All pull-tabs come with leather grips and decorative spot work.
- Internal tobacco pocket.
- “One Hundred Tigers” reproduction 1950s 100% linen liner.
- Red 10oz Japanese denim pocket bags and internal cuff.
- Kidney belt area, underarms, and cuffs lined with smooth buffalo leather.
- Underarm expansion gussets for expanded range of arm motion.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, from one of the oldest continuously operating thread companies in the USA.
- Bench-made in Toronto, Canada, by Himel Bros. team of master craftspeople.
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you may return the items postmarked within 14 calendar days of receipt for an online store credit or refund to your original method of payment. Please note that original shipping charges are non-refundable. Items must be returned in their original condition (unworn, unwashed, unaltered) with the tags attached. After 14 days, we can only offer an exchange or online store credit.
Named for the legendary English-Canadian aviation company, this jacket’s design springs from two rich sources: Aviator’s jackets, and early D-pocket motorcycle jackets. Incorporating features from both styles makes the Avro both a highly functional motorcycle jacket, as well as a powerful aesthetic statement. The Avro is designed after early Leather Togs jackets, a small shop which produced more innovation per square foot than any other turn-of-the-century leather brand. With many moving parts and small pieces of leather, the Avro is the most complex pattern in the Himel Bros. catalogue. Features include the D-pocket, historically used to contain handguns or maps, a beautiful sunburst-style back, typical of early 1930s Canadian sport jackets, and a cool chinstrap tucked beneath the collar. The jacket is constructed from a heavyweight Horween American horsehide tannage, custom-tanned for Himel Bros. to accurately represent the characteristics of toughness and wear typical of early motorcycle jackets.
These limited-edition Avro jackets are lined with a reproduction “One Hundred Tigers” print from the early 1950s, customized by Freenote with vivid red accents. This liner is made from 100% linen, for a cool and comfortable jacket perfect for all the variations of California weather. The pocket bags and cuffs are made from a red Japanese 10oz denim, and the jacket is reinforced at points of stress with smooth Canadian Buffalo leather.